What is Orthodontics ?
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that corrects improperly positioned teeth and jaws. Crooked teeth as well as the teeth that do not fit together correctly are harder to keep clean, are at risk of being lost early due to tooth decay. It is therefore described as the practice of straightening misaligned teeth.
Services Provided By Orthodontics:
- Maintenance of deciduous dentition.
- Guiding eruption of permanent teeth.
- Oral Habit correction, viz. Thumb Sucking, Tongue Thrushing, Nail Biting etc.
- Jaw correction appliances.
- Myofunctional appliances (Growth modification).
Why Orthodontics treatment is used?
The benefits of Orthodontics treatment can include:
- Correction of dental crowding and straightening of your teeth.
- Correction of your bite so the front and back teeth meet evenly.
- Reducing the chance of damage to prominent teeth.
- More pleasing appearance due to proper positioning of teeth.